Web Application Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 5+ years of designing modern websites with an emphasis on usability
- 5+ years of experience in .NET development for web applications
- Experience building API driven applications, including on top of a 3rd party APIs
- Applied knowledge of industry best practices for web application architecture, including N-tier, service-oriented, REST, MVC
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Good understanding and knowledge of .NET Framework (C#, ASP.NET, MVC)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft platform, including Windows Server, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our PriceMetrix Application Development team, a part of McKinsey New Ventures, in our Toronto office.
The PriceMetrix platform uses analytics and industry benchmarking to help financial advisors and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. Our team is small and agile and you'll collaborate with very smart, fun and driven colleagues. PriceMetrix, part of McKinsey & Company New Ventures, is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will offer a pragmatic approach to our web application projects and participate in the complete software development life-cycle using agile methodologies.
You will design and develop enhancements to our existing and future enterprise-grade web applications, and develop high quality, documented, unit tested code that meets the requirements and timelines. You will gain a full understanding of how the work will be consumed – how it is deployed, tested, and consumed by clients.
In this role, you will drive technical quality by contributing to team design sessions, code reviews, coding standards, and coaching developers. You will also troubleshoot, debug and optimize code to ensure performance and security requirements, and you will become familiar with the Business Intelligence portion of the solution. You will transform software requirements into high quality output and participate in all aspects and phases of product design and development.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top