Visual Graphics - Office Developer
- Undergraduate or Engineering degree
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in developing add-ins for Microsoft Office applications using .net/VSTO
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office usage (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Excellent and proven quantitative and analytical skills and understanding of C#
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems in a structured manner
- Willingness and agility to learn new tools / techniques and drive excellence
- Disposition to work in a collaborative and structured environment
- Creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, articulation and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either our Chennai, Trivandrum or Bangalore office as part of McKinsey's Business Presentation Design Services team. This group is part of our global support network, consisting of several operating teams that support our consultants from research, analytics, IT, assistant support and presentation design. You will be part of a small App-dev team and reporting to the Manager of Application development.
Our teams in the Business Presentation Design translate the findings made during the consulting process into compelling visuals, charts and presentations. With a total size of over 1200 colleagues, our teams work on a 24x7 basis and across 3-shifts.
You will be part of a larger automation product team which focuses on improving the productivity of our colleagues and quality of the output with the help of technology to automate repetitive tasks and create consistency. This team looks at all means to achieve this, which would include building new tools or adopting existing products in the market.
What You'll Do
You will develop productivity tools (apps/add-ins) in Microsoft Office using .Net/VSTO in an agile model.
You will be the expert within the product team and will be responsible for technical delivery. You will be involved in various activities including analyzing user requirements, estimating effort for development / change, preparing design / documentation, building automated test cases and deployment. You will participate in brainstorming discussions and translate user requirements into apps /add-ins which can be used consistently across our locations.
You will collaborate closely with a range of internal stakeholders – product owners, project managers, end-users, as well as external vendors. Your work will require you to independently research, experiment new techniques and problem solve along with the team to build effective solutions.
You will be joining our team at a transformational time when leveraging technology and innovation is our high priority and the firm has placed a mandate for greater advances in automation in the presentation creation space. You will evaluate new technologies and recommend new tools / methodologies to leadership and will ensure all development efforts are in alignment and compliant with firm policies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top