- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Interface Design or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Visual design skills including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle as well as good experience with MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
- Familiarity of Agile software development process is a plus
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel approximately 75% to client sites
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver the highest quality work
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Connected to the design community with a passion for design
Who You'll Work With
You'll join one of our North America offices as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
What You'll Do
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process.
You'll work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments. Moving from insights to ideas, as a designer you will be able to creatively solve complex problems, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch.
Additionally, you will apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible digital solutions across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities. You will use user centered design methodologies to ensure your ideas are based on customer needs.
You'll use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc). You will use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life, and construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top