Vietnam Local Consultant
- Bachelor's degree or above from a top-notch university worldwide with a strong academic standing
- Good understanding of the Vietnam market, coupled with sound business knowledge
- Excellent English and Vietnamese written and oral communication skills
- Highly resourceful, with superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong facilitation and consulting skills
- Emotional intelligence, including areas of interpersonal awareness, adaptability, and stress management
- Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with ability to meet tight deadlines and handle simultaneous work streams
- Strong customer service orientation
- IT skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and basic familiarity of Lotus Notes
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Vietnam office as a consultant to work in teams and directly with our clients. You will be a Vietnam Local Consultant (LC) on a 6-month to 1-year renewable contract.
McKinsey has had a presence in South East Asia for almost 20 years, with locations in Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Singapore and Yangon. Since opening the office in 2008, our Hanoi location has served Vietnam's largest public and private companies, some of the most inspiring entrepreneurs, and government bodies. We have served clients from various sectors including financial services, manufacturing, infrastructure, real estate, oil and gas, logistics, chemicals, and the public sector.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes collaborating with teammates to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations. The LC position is designed to provide young and talented individuals opportunities to acquire the business skills, personal qualities and confidence in a primarily English-speaking business environment, working and actively participating in teams. Discussions with, and presentations to, client senior management are common.
Depending on your skill and experience level, you will be responsible for one or more distinct parts of a problem. You are encouraged to test your boundaries in problem solving, try different types of engagements, and push yourself. Based on your performance in the role, we will hold discussions with you to define a career path that is most appropriate and attractive to you. Possible options may include contract extension.
The selection process includes a paper-based Problem Solving Test and two rounds of interviews (www.mckinsey.com/careers/interviewing).
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. All inquiries will be handled in strict confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top