Vice President - Internet of Things (IoT), New Ventures
- Outstanding, proven leadership experience
- Proven abilities in operating with very senior clients, creating long term relationships and delivering programs of major impact within complex organizations.
- At least 10 years of tech consulting experience with minimum of one year in the IoT space
- An advanced degree preferred
- Previous consulting experience at tier-one consulting firm ideal and/or deep experience in other client service oriented roles acceptable
- Demonstrated people leadership; exceptional track record as a leader who finds, develops and cultivates outstanding teams
- Business experience using analytics to drive business results in ideally an information-dense and customer facing roles
- Experience in the commercial application of machine learning methods and algorithms
- Proven application of advanced analytical and statistical methods
- Proven track record of establishing positive client relationships that lead to generating and/or new business development opportunities and successful client engagements
- Extensive experience managing technical and analytics resources, both on-shore and off-shore, to create meaningful and measureable impact
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of or defined involvement in helping frame, design, and execute solutions for challenging business solutions
- Team oriented and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in New York with the IoT Venture and Digital Teams globally.
McKinsey's IoT Venture aims to help client unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation.
We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors. Our goal is to partner with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hands on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hw and sw design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies, and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture. A primary objective is to offer practical solutions and tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions.
These assets complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including intensive deep dives, subscriptions to software tools, integrated workshops, hands-on training programs and project-based engagements. The design of the teams and operating models enables a true "startup" culture inside the nearly 100-year-old McKinsey, with all the benefits of both small-team agility and broad-scale experience.
What You'll Do
You will work directly with the IoT leadership team and be responsible for leading and delivering complex engagements from initiation delivery and you'll support client development.
You will leverage your senior expertise to contribute to expanding our institutional IoT capabilities and disseminating these to our clients. You will develop clients, develop knowledge, and support the leadership in shaping the agenda of our fast-growing IoT Venture. We are looking for candidates with experience in defining and leading tech enabled transformations.
You will work with McKinsey consultants in joint problem-solving sessions and facilitate the definition of project goals, task, resource requirements and you'll recommend process improvements regarding how projects are scoped, built, tested and deployed. You will also work with our McKinsey Digital Labs team and McKinsey analytics teams to lead the definition and development of IoT solutions and you'll help build alliances and partnerships with the IoT partner ecosystem.
Back to top