Vice President, Innovative Solutions - Metals & Mining
- Have 10+ years' experience in progressively senior leadership roles within the mining industry, ideally including logistics, scheduling and maintenance and supporting information technology
- An MBA or related superior academic achievement in a mining-related field (such as geology, mining engineering or similar) is strongly preferred
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of what's driving the mining and processing industries today, with an unparalleled understanding of - and depth of knowledge in - technology, analytics, and the use of data
- Familiarity with the use of algorithms, machine learning, data architecture and technology systems deployed in mining value chains, and how to translate them into business decisions
- Exhibit depth of knowledge in advanced analytics, including knowing how to "translate" complex data into easily digestible action items within a business context, external and internal audiences
- Ability to generate client and colleague excitement about the potential and value of data and analytics, driving technology infused change and executing sometimes challenging solutions
- Bring a recognized and unique knowledge of core business drivers within mining, including applying data and analytics to improve reliability, e.g., by refining maintenance strategies, designing first response, or predicting failures
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape, and how to position McKinsey's capabilities in a way that resonate with clients
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Metals & Mining practice in one of our locations in North America.
Our Metals & Mining practice is a consulting and research group serving clients in steel, nonferrous metals, and mining industries globally. We help clients –companies of all sizes, niche players and commodity producers – discover and implement strategies spanning the entire value chain, from mining through distribution. With approximately 500 experienced practitioners worldwide, we provide responsive, relevant and industry-changing guidance.
What You'll Do
You will harness the power of analytics within our client organizations through implementing innovative operations solutions that respond to the continuing growth of advanced technologies in metals & mining, including digital manufacturing.
This role will act as a thought leader, introducing industry-changing insights in digital technologies in mining to our clients and to McKinsey colleagues. You will take a leadership role in building this capability within the Firm globally, including identifying and developing talent and team members, and creating new client opportunities and offerings.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top