- 5+ years of hands on experience developing digital products across different mediums like web and mobile (familiarity with an Enterprise setting is a plus).
- Passionate about creating value through great design and user experience
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to generate clear, creative design concepts to guide team
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Invision, Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile software development
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Strong collaboration– you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources; experience working with others on a global basis
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment and embark on regional and global travel as needed.
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Prague office as a member of our Design & Innovation team alongside product managers, developers and solution architects.
The UX Designer is an essential member of our Design & Innovation team, you contribute to all aspects of our process, from research and ideation to delivery with a focus on prototyping and creatively approaching constraints. Because our work spans from early research to executing ideas, you need to be able to think both conceptually and pragmatically about solutions. You pair up with product managers, developers, and solution architects to determine what is should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touch points, to help clarify what will be most critical to the success of a product, and to define how we make those concepts real. You are always seeking to learn new tools and technologies as well as to deepen your craft.
What You'll Do
Working as the UX Designer you will collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams (design, product management, engineering, and data analysts) to conceive and produce new experiences, products and services.
You will advise the team on what will create a highly engaging and intuitive user experience and be the voice for how design decisions will impact realization of product vision. Another responsibility is to design and deliver best practice user research, including helping Product Manager frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct activities, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights. The UX Designer will lead and inspire by making. Provide hands-on craftsmanship of UI with the ability to be self- directed and proactive, push the boundaries with what's possible in partnership with technologists and product stakeholders. The UX Designer will also lead creation of prototypes that help communicate and validate the optimal user flow, interaction model, and screen designs, as well as lead creation of wireframes and mockups for UI (web and mobile) that the team can use to create stories and developers can translate into code. Being in this role you will collaborate with software developers and architects to review, iterate and refine product design during development cycles. Also you will apply your expertise and knowledge to coach and mentor others.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top