Transformation Officer - IoT, New Ventures
- At least 10 years of tech consulting experience with minimum of one year in the IoT space
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Outstanding, proven leadership experience; proven abilities in operating with very senior clients
- Proven ability to create long term relationships and deliver programs of major impact within complex organizations
- Lead the delivery of multiple transformations —in a line role or advisory capacity
- Experience and expertise driving rapid and successful transformation
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience managing technical and analytics resources, both on-shore and off-shore, to create meaningful and measurable impact
- In-depth knowledge and/or defined involvement in helping frame, design, and execute solutions for challenging business solutions
- A team oriented and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and ability to manage through influence
- Sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our North American locations as part of our global IoT Venture and Digital Teams.
McKinsey's IoT Venture aims to help client unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation. We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors.
Our goal is to partner with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hands on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hw and sw design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You'll Do
You will develop clients, develop knowledge, and support the leadership in shaping the agenda of our fast-growing IoT Venture.
You will develop clients, develop knowledge, and support the leadership in shaping the agenda of our fast-growing IoT Venture. You'll leverage your experience with experience in defining and leading tech enabled transformations.
You will define develop and lead the implementation of transformational IOT programs spending between 6-12 months in a dedicated role. You will be responsible for developing and leading a team that will create the repeatable solutions to deliver on these transformations.
Additionally, you will create and develop opportunities to serve clients. You will also work with our McKinsey Digital Labs team and McKinsey analytics teams to lead the definition and development of IoT solutions and help build alliances and partnerships with the IoT partner ecosystem.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top