Technology Architect - Site Reliability Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering (Java, Ruby, Node.js, and others)
- Experience with DevOps processes, culture and tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCi, GitHub, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
- Comfortable in writing Infrastructure as Code using the same code quality & engineering practices expected from core application developers (Test driven development, Integration, Security, Acceptance testing)
- Understanding of web and database technologies, concepts and design elements of on premise, cloud based and hybrid architectures
- Strong understanding of presentation tiers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, IIS)
- Experience with containerized environments (Dockers, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Strong hands on skills with server operating systems and environments (Linux, Windows)
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing
- Knowledge of (shell) scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Perl)
- Working experience with monitoring and data analysis tools (Splunk, Nagios, Prometheus, AppDynamics)
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of our Operations and Reliability Engineering (ORE) team and will be based in our Gurgaon office. ORE, an entity within McKinsey's worldwide IT organization, manages IT services to our firm members and is responsible for managing the our entire global IT infrastructure. IT services are provided out of Gurgaon, India and San José, Costa Rica. Engineering teams are also located worldwide, primarily in New York, Prague, and Düsseldorf.
What You'll Do
You will help lead the development of strategies and direction for enterprise solutions.
You will do this based on the excellent knowledge and experience you have with developing applications. You will work with various product teams to ensure high application reliability, scalability and availability. You will focus heavily on an automation and orchestration strategy for existing and new McKinsey IT infrastructure and contribute to infrastructure as a code. Moreover, you will be collaborating continuously with numerous internal IT and non IT groups.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top