- Bachelor's degree in computer science; Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience working in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of the vRealize suite from VMware and related virtualization products
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and experience with open source virtualization products
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other infrastructure commissioning and deployment automation tools
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices including infrastructure as code
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and people leadership skill
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Prague and will be a member of the Reliability Engineering Team. This group is globally distributed with members located in New York, San Jose, Costa Rica, Dusseldorf, Germany, Prague, Czech Republic and Gurgaon, India.
You will work on project teams with application development and operations groups to develop solutions that will improve reliability, scalability and performance.
What You'll Do
You will be part of projects centered around virtualization platforms, primarily focused on the VMware product portfolio.
You will help develop an automation and configuration/deployment orchestration strategy for our IT infrastructure. Your team will cover a diverse line of technologies, reaching from X86 hardware standards for the data centers and McKinsey offices worldwide, the Windows Server operating system standards, Active Directory and Federation, and virtualization platform to DNS and DHCP.
You will predominantly focus on the development of a service catalog for self-serve provisioning of services such as single server instances but also complete application stacks. The main focus will be on the orchestration of the various offerings. Other ongoing initiatives that you will participate in are the testing and migration planning for vSphere 6.5 as well as Windows Server 2016. You will be also be utilized by other ongoing initiatives such as the federation with Azure AD or the migration of our current e-mail system to Exchange Online.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top