Technology Analyst - Healthcare Analytics
- Comprehensive SQL knowledge and experience
- Broad exposure to MS Sql Server including temporary tables, stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and performance considerations.
- Excellent time management skills (on time, within estimated workload, according to scope, and with flexibility when required)
- Good communication skills in English; other language is added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills (assertiveness, not afraid to challenge constructively, fast learner, client oriented, respect of commitments, etc.)
- Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, IT development, ETL and/or data analysis domains
- Bachelor's degree/Master's Degree/Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- Extensive coding/ETL application development abilities utilizing an ETL tool (SSIS, Talend Open Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows 8, Windows Server and Excel are a must
- Strong understanding of Java, Hadoop, Python, Linux helpful but not required
- Experience in the healthcare industry either payor or provider focused is a plus
- Able to travel for working sessions and meetings occasionally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics team based in several offices globally. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
The Healthcare Analytics team uses healthcare data (payer / provider / 3rd party data) and analytics to answer some of the most pressing questions our healthcare clients have today such as "How do we manage cost of care while improving quality?", "How do we remain competitive in the evolving healthcare landscape?", "Who are the most vulnerable patients and what interventions can we design to better care for them?".
Our capabilities are foundational to multiple high profile initiatives and have been core to the Healthcare practice in delivering organization wide transformation programs for payors (public and private) or providers. The MHA team has grown to 160+ colleagues globally over the last 4 years. It is a unique mix of Healthcare Experts, physicians, statisticians, engineers, data scientists, and more.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
What You'll Do
McKinsey Healthcare Analytics (MHA) is looking for an experienced Technology Analyst to join our team in San Jose, Costa Rica. The Technology Analyst will have strong SQL and MS Sql Server experience and be able to write advanced queries and procedures. As part of the Technology team, you will work with the Product & Delivery team to support our clients by comprehending detailed business requirements and transforming them into an efficient working solution.
The MHA Technology Analyst will perform coding and configuration of applications based on instructions and specifications provided by the Product & Delivery team, performing the transformation, filtering, and aggregation of raw data into concise, accurate, and focused datamarts. This entails:
- Taking responsibility for the assigned technical deliverables associated with client projects
- Leveraging, coaching, and mentoring additional junior resources as required by the project
- Using the application administration tools (combination of proprietary tools, Microsoft SQL Server, Talend or other ETL tools, scripting depending on the application)
- Validating raw data quality and taking corrective measures in case of issues (ranging from requiring clients to correct issues to performing or delegating to Junior Analyst data cleansing activities)
- Performing QA activities related to the execution of application configuration and data upload activities
- He/She will have exposure and be expected to interact with business users
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top