Technical Project Manager - Advanced Analytics
- Bachelor's degree and outstanding academic achievement in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience including the successful management and delivery of highly complex projects and programs is required
- Background/knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies (Lean six sigma certification a plus)
- Experience/Knowledge of cloud technologies (i.e., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Softlayer)
- Expertise in Business Analysis, Software Engineering and Scientific (IT) Domains
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary). Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located). We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You will be a member of our Platform team, focusing on cloud enabled analytics projects, driving high-tech analytics capabilities, and enabling client service teams by providing high-tech services.
You'll manage the day-to-day direction and coordination of the client projects and report on their status to the client delivery team's project manager or Partner lead. You'll integrate new capabilities and best practices and you'll ensure adoption of these with teams as required.
Additionally, you'll provide project and change management expertise in order to plan, organize, control and deliver multiple environment deployments. You'll plan and manage multiple cross-functional projects including the development of the project scope and goals, the creation of change impact plans, work plans, timelines, deliverables, implementation strategies, and the identification of resources required for the successful and timely completion of projects.
Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top