Technical Product Manager - PriceMetrix
- Bachelor's degree in business, math, engineering, economics, computer science, or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Data Analyst, Analytics, or Technical Product Management roles
- A real passion for analytics, extensive experience working with SQL (or other DB programming languages) and knowledge of data warehousing concepts and ETL
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodologies and corresponding tools (ex. JIRA)
- Technical aptitude to garner respect and success with development teams
- Exceptionally high attention to detail
- Natural curiosity and an ability to undertake creative exploration
- Passionate belief that every software implementation must be successful, as measured by value realization and customer happiness
- Working knowledge of SaaS technical issues (e.g., configuration, integration, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with financial services, retail wealth management, and risk and compliance sector is an asset
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a vision to work in a dynamic start up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
- Global mindset; able to appreciate differences in market needs, competitive environment, and cultural norms across multiple countries
- Results oriented, positive, can-do-attitude in face of challenging operating environment; at ease with ambiguity
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Toronto with PriceMetrix, which is part of McKinsey's New Ventures. You will work with a team on improving an analytical model and productizing it into an interactive web application to generate value for our Risk and Compliance clients.
The PriceMetrix platform uses analytics and industry benchmarking to help financial advisors and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. Our team is small and agile and you'll collaborate with very smart, fun and driven colleagues. PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in developing industry leading solutions bringing to bear our advanced analytics and big data platform.
You will lead the development & delivery of the analytical platform and requirements powering our software. In addition to owning data and technical requirements, you will collaborate closely with the engineering team to drive measurable product goals.
Beyond engineering, you will need to craft partnerships with the Client Development, Client Services and Analytics teams to see the product evolve from ideation to implementation.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top