Team Leader - Urban Development Programme - Uganda
- Master's degree
- 10+ years of experience leading large scale reform programmes in Uganda or in similar contexts and experience of working closely with government, with a thorough understanding improving the quality of cities and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in project management and client engagement on donor funded international development programmes
- Experience in a leadership role managing urban reforms programmes
- Deep understanding of government and government systems, with focus on urban development, in Uganda would be an asset
- Knowledge of international donors including multilateral organisations, as well as with private sector partners is a clear advantage
- Proven experience in planning, developing, managing, monitoring and delivering projects, as well as working effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong management and coordination skills
- Proven experience of managing relationships in complex organisations
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- High-level communications and people skills
- Fluent English; knowledge of Swahili will be an asset
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Uganda on an upcoming funded cities programme. You will lead large scale reform programmes and build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
You will work in collaboration with the Government to support inclusive economic development and structural transformation, by building the enabling environment for investment into urban, energy and infrastructure sectors. The programme will be delivered in close collaboration with international donors and the Government. The overall impact of the programme will be enhanced inclusive economic growth leading to job creation and ultimately to poverty reduction.
We will only contact eligible candidates and ask that you do not call to check on the status of your application. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
CVs should be maximum 2-pages.
What You'll Do
You will provide technical and managerial leadership in setting the programme direction and its implementation, including leading an internal full time team as well as international and national consultants/advisors on a demand driven basis.
You will coordinate planning and monitoring of project activities, including progress monitoring, as well as ensuring effective budget and programme reporting. Together with the programme leadership team, you will build relations with various government entities and stakeholders at a senior level during the inception stage to increase awareness of the programme. You will also be responsible for high-level coordination and representation of the programme with the donor and other key stakeholders, as well as for ensuring data is disseminated effectively amongst the relevant stakeholders.
You will provide on-going leadership, capability building and mentorship to the technical and programme management teams, as well as ensure effective overall programme governance. You will also be responsible for quality oversight in programme design and overall delivery of interventions, ensuring timely delivery of quality services and contractual commitments and risk compliance.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top