Tax Specialist - Oil & Gas
- Relevant experience (10+ year) in companies within the O&G sector, directly or indirectly related to the E&P activity, such as: Oil companies, Auditing firms, Boutique consulting firms, Specialized law advisors
- Relevant experience (5-10 years) working with oil taxation topics, either on the definition / revision of taxation rules or in the process of auditing accounts / procedures to guarantee compliance
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Law
- Masters / Advanced degree in relevant field (O&G, Tax, etc.)
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (knowledge of other languages is a plus)
- Good command of MS suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Strong interpersonal and ability to mobilize & lead teams
- Focus on execution and results, self-motivation, entrepreneurship and independence
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Oil & Gas practice, spending 2/3 of your time in our Luanda office.
This practice helps clients in all aspects of the industry, from upstream activities such as exploration, drilling production and services, through transportation and refining. The work is a balance between service to the corporate centers and to the various business units on a variety of strategic, organizational, and operational issues.
What You'll Do
You will drive and deliver high-quality, high impact client work on topics related to oil and gas.
You will identify main gaps in the current oil taxation system (laws, calculation methods for cost/profit, business processes) and propose improvement levers to enhance its effectiveness. You'll interact with other team members to format and structure concrete recommendations for the client, and you'll develop a trust-based relationship with the client team, monitoring the main business routines on site and advising and coaching the key people in specific questions related to oil taxation.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top