Talent Manager - New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- Passion for building something new
- Track record of leadership in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong interest in people development and practices
- Strong project and operational leadership skills: capable of leading a team, prioritizing strategic initiatives, structuring/managing work streams, and multitasking
- Capable of working under pressure and in situations involving conflicting perspectives
- Ability to build and leverage a strong global network
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong influencing capabilities
- Non-hierarchical approach; the flexibility and ability to build consensus across diverse stakeholders
- Integrity, maturity, and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
- Open to the occasional unconventional hours required to ensure connectivity to global team
Who You'll Work With
You will join McKinsey's New Ventures talent team in North America (primary locations include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, and San Francisco/Silicon Valley).
New Ventures builds products and services that help solve the most challenging problems facing companies, governments and non-profits around the world. We want the best creators, entrepreneurs and technologists who are obsessed with delivering tangible impact for clients alongside exceptional, inspiring people.
As 50+ startup and scale-up solutions, we combine cutting-edge data science, digital and design capabilities, with top functional and industry experts from our 20+ practices. From day one, you will be surrounded by dedicated people helping your product or service to succeed with some of the world's most innovative and influential organizations.
Our people are part of an agile, connected team of software engineers, data scientists, product managers, technologists, consultants and designers. You will enjoy the support and stability of a global firm; personalized training and mentorship to help you learn; and the freedom to explore and try new things. (Not to mention, awesome benefits that you are not ashamed to tout to your loved ones).
The role of the Talent Manager has global reach. You will serve as the "Chief Talent Officer" and will need to develop close working relationships with leadership. You will also work with colleagues in people functions such as recruiting, learning, compensation, and HR.
What You'll Do
You will work with leadership to set overall talent strategy and priorities, managing end-to-end operations, and acting as an advisor and counselor to Solution members.
You will work with the Solution leadership team to set and implement the Solution's talent strategy—including building an exceptional leadership team, acting as a thought partner to Solution leaders, and helping to ensure a great team culture—which attracts, develops, excites and retains exceptional people and supports the performance and health of the Solution.
You will own the end-to-end people operations from working with the recruiting team and with hiring managers to define the hiring needs, find the best talent, and create a successful onboarding experience to managing learning plans, semi-annual reviews, and compensation.
You will serve as an advisor and counselor for Solution professionals by helping to foster a sense of community, trouble shooting sensitive issues, ensuring that the Firm's best people practices are leveraged in support of individuals, as well as sometimes acting as a career advisor or sounding board.
Lastly, you will work closely with the New Ventures talent team—including leaders and fellow Talent Managers—to shape global people efforts.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top