Support Specialist - IT Global Helpdesk
- Bachelor's or other post-secondary degree
- 2-3 years of work experience in IT customer support
- Experience working with Windows operating system (including group policies, profiles, EFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of current connectivity technologies and VPN concepts
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and functional tools such as remote control, request logging, knowledge management
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Distinct customer focus, empathy and quality mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both over the phone and in writing
- Strong team spirit with the ability to work both independently and in virtual team settings
- Strong sense of ownership to effectively process and resolve issues across service lines and teams involved
- Desire to learn new skills and constantly look for improvement
- Strong command of English language
- Willingness to work weekends and public holidays, if required
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work in our Manila office as part of our Information Technology Services team, supporting the IT needs of our colleagues around the world. You'll join a global team sharing a common understanding of a client-first oriented work environment.
What You'll Do
You will support internal consultants and support staff by troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of IT issues, predominantly via phone.
You'll primarily leverage our Global Helpdesk (GHD) resources and tools, but - depending on the type of request - you will also closely collaborate with other internal IT support teams to provide timely and effective solutions. You'll help McKinsey employees get their business technology up and running as quickly as possible and you'll contribute to the team's knowledge base by ensuring documentation is complete and by updating troubleshooting procedures in the ticketing database.
Your typical responsibilities will include troubleshooting all IT applications, remote connectivity, and directory services issues related to workstation support. You'll help to resolve technical issues against tight timelines. You'll apply practical judgment to maintain customer productivity and you'll have the opportunity to interface with other McKinsey IT support groups as needed. You'll continually contribute to our knowledge base as issues/solutions arise and you'll collaborate in the hand-over of requests with colleagues in other regions. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to learn and expand your technical knowledge.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top