Support Specialist - IT Global Helpdesk
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support position
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Active listening and the ability to cogently summarize an issue, both in writing and verbally
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, internet browsers, Windows, Lotus Notes, BlackBerry, Cisco VPN, network printing, and wireless routers
- Good judgment skills with a strong sense for urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, i.e., ability to apply a highly logical and well-organized approach to the analysis and resolution of issues
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Costa Rican work permit
Who You'll Work WithYou will work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be part of our Global Helpdesk team.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for helping colleagues get their business technology up and running as quickly as possible.
You will use your communication skills, patience, and problem-solving abilities to provide excellent customer service to your colleagues. You will strive to form productive relationships, ensuring that a resolution is found for each problem you are presented with. You will ensure that troubleshooting procedures are documented and best practices are shared.
You will use the KCS methodology and ensure all self-resolved call tickets are linked to appropriate knowledge objects. You will search for knowledge in order to resolve issues and will provide regular and timely feedback for existing knowledge.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top