Strategy & Corporate Finance, Transactions Service Line- Knowledge Expert
- Advanced degree, preferably an MBA or other degree in a relevant field
- High performing project manager toolkit, with ability to manage large and geographically diverse team
- High degree of passion for detail and process orientation (e.g. able to multitask while ensuring high quality output across all fronts)
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills (e.g. able to quickly frame and structure complex issues to Leadership Team and push for tactical solutions)
- Deep of understanding of and a strong interest in Corporate Finance, including M&A, JV's and divestitures
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, framing, designing and executing solutions for challenging business situations
- Team-orientated and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Sophisticated executive demeanor; excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and written communications
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our North American Knowledge Center in Waltham, MA as part of the Global Transactions Service Line within our Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice.
Our Strategy and Corporate Finance practice offers clients a unique combination of strategic, financial, and transactional advisory services. Because our fee is not transaction based, we can maintain genuine objectivity and interest in our clients' long-term success. When we discuss and execute a project, we carefully consider the client's corporate strategy. At the same time, we work closely with our clients to build their internal skills. We help clients critically assess their portfolio in order to better understand their core and non-core businesses, and we provide pre-eminent, independent advice on finance and value creation.
What You'll Do
You will provide day-to-day leadership on launch and support of Synergy Lab, McKinsey's proprietary offering to clients and McKinsey teams that delivers better and faster answers on synergies.
You will be a core member of the service line to ensure the growth and reputation of McKinsey's transactions expertise. In your role you will support practice consultants to drive transactions, client development (proposal and workshop development) and engagements, internal/external reputation building, and knowledge development with specific focus on Synergy Lab.
You will provide direct support to teams on Letters of Proprosal's and Engagements, providing Synergy Lab outputs and connections to other experts / resources. You will lead the team in thinking about the broader Synergy Lab strategy and timeline, including development of subsequent versions and knowledge development. You will develop and run client workshops and will help advance the reputation of the practice through development of external and internal communication in conjunction with the leadership group. You will maintain a library of client ready materials on core Synergy Lab topics, and update these based on latest client work and knowledge advancement.
You will lead a robust team in finalizing Synergy Lab offering, including all outputs, data/analysis, marketing materials, and broader launch planning. You will partner with leadership to identify opportunities for new knowledge development and contribute to the problem structuring, research, and analysis on the Synergy Lab offering. You will participate in solution development including liaising with McKinsey Digital Labs and other entities to scope, define requirements and ensure test & delivery of the solution at a future date. You will routinely debrief client teams who have completed engagements to codify new knowledge and client impact.
You will manage the team and economics, including budgets in partnership with the practice leadership. You'll assist with internal recruiting of practice specialists and other personnel and you will coach and develop colleagues, including through identifying capability gaps and working to fill them.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top