Strategy & Corporate Finance Knowledge Operations Specialist
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 5-7 years of professional experience, ideally in consulting/ professional services, academia, or marketing communications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills – working on complex, sensitive, time-critical issues, quickly getting up to speed on unfamiliar topics
- Experience with database management, creation of databases and ability to quickly become fluent in firm databases for client tracking
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint and ability or interest to learn Tableau or other visualization tools
- Strong personal presence and credibility. Able to work across all levels of seniority
- Positive, diplomatic, excellent judgment, good instincts and very strong intellectual and emotional intelligence as well as relationship building
- Outstanding English written and oral communications
- Distinctive collaborative and delivery skills, and exceptional integrity
- Impact-oriented mindset and project-management skills; the ability to own and execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency; and an uncompromising commitment to quality
- Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility as priorities shift
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in either our New Jersey or Stamford office and will be a part of the Strategy & Corporate Finance practice. You will provide support to the practice and will report to the Senior Practice Manager.
The Strategy & Corporate Finance practice is the client introduction engine of the firm. STAC (Strategy Analytics Center), within our broader Strategy & Corporate Finance practice, helps clients make better strategic decisions through a deeper understanding of corporate performance, value creation, macroeconomic forces, and global and local trends. Our global team is building new capabilities and assets, as well as cultivating our people.
What You'll Do
You will create impact by independently managing processes, conducting analyses, identifying roadblocks and proposing solutions.
You will provide support to managers and others in managing STAC operations. You will manage the agenda for the Corporate Performance Operating Committee and biannual town halls. You will support monthly finance-related activities and assist with billing processes and budget management.
You will help scope and structure complex request/project requirements and disseminate knowledge and in doing so, you will seek improved methods to apply in accomplishing the work. You will be a guardian and steward of our knowledge resources in order to have a consistent message across client service teams and across the firm. You will lead internal communications and should have the willingness to learn document sharing tools and communication tools like BOX, Slack, Trello, and various email marketing.
You will work with others in the practice and wider firm on priority knowledge topics as a facilitator and project manager. You will develop and effectively leverage a strong network across many units and functions within the firm for best practice exchange and collaboration. You will coordinate with global and regional reach and relevance teams on visibility-building activities. You will support global events, for internal and external target audiences. You will track multiple long-term projects at various stages, and be aware of internal communication channels which are most relevant and impactful for sharing our work.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top