Strategic Project Manager - People Analytics & Measurement
- University degree; Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Background in data sciences or a related discipline e.g., applied statistics, mathematics, social science research, operations research, econometrics
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting or project management
- Distinctive consulting skills across a variety of engagement types, with self-starter mindset, outstanding organizational and project management skills, and ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Background or interest in people analytics or related fields
- Often a focus or prior experience in related practices (e.g., digital, advanced analytics, org)
- Some familiarity with applied analytics methods, use cases, and resources (modeling or programming skills and experience considered a plus)
- Ability to manage analytics-heavy projects with significant degree of senior stakeholder interaction
- Superior communication and collaboration skills; ability to synthesize input from multiple authors; ability to communicate crisply and clearly with partners and other Firm leadership
- Proven ability to work in and orchestrate high-performing project teams with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Integrity and professionalism in dealing with confidential information
- Strong presence and maturity
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the newly formed People Analytics and Measurement team.
This group designs and executes projects supporting McKinsey's people mission: to build a great firm that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people. The team is a collection of bright, highly motivated researchers with varied backgrounds focused on driving insight and action around key strategic people issues at McKinsey. The team works in a highly collaborative environment, and partners with other teams within the firm to deliver meaningful innovation in people analytics.
You will serve a variety of internal clients including the Chief People Officer, People Committee, Operating Committee, Regional and Office leadership, key initiatives and task forces, Professional Development and Recruiting staff, and other communities within the firm.
What You'll Do
You will collaborate and partner with other teams across the firm to deliver meaningful innovation in people analytics, translating insights, and working with internal clients to drive impact.
You will lead the strategic thinking and operational execution of advanced analytics projects to address problems of core importance to the people function and/or the firm. You will work collaboratively with clients, orchestrating a diverse team of stakeholders (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, functional leadership, steering committee members, external partners) to deliver impact.
You will also manage project activities and operations, lasting from several months to a year or longer, and at a variety of stages in the lifecycle (e.g., ideation, use case formation, model construction, insight generation, on-the-ground implementation). In this capacity you will analyze and interpret results and progress of analytical efforts, and deliver clear, well-structured communication to clients and stakeholders using a variety of formats (e.g., reports, demos, presentations) as well as develop a broad and deep expertise in McKinsey's evolving people environment (e.g., data, structure) and PAM's analytical capabilities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top