Splunk Security Engineer
- 3+ year of work experience with Splunk real-time processing architecture and deployment and Splunk dashboard design
- Bachelor in an IT related concentration
- Must be proficient in Splunk Processing Language
- Strong experience and comfort operating in the Linux CLI and Splunk .conf files
- Experience with software development, system architecture, and/or databases a plus
- Splunk certification(s) a plus but not required as long as functional experience is valid
- Experience in requirements analysis, engineering, product testing in test lab/real world environments
- Experience with the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Strong communication, written, and verbal skills
- Ability and comfort level to do presentations to potential and existing customer audiences of 5-30 people
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Prague office as part of our Information Security team.
This team is the core of implementing necessary technical controls to identify and mitigate all cyber risks for the firm.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the firm's infrastructure and data.
You will become the architect for Splunk Enterprise 6.x implementations of medium to large sized deployments. You will be responsible for administering Splunk and Splunk apps as well as integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools that use various protocols. In addition you will be developing reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards as well as performing implementation of security and compliance-based use cases and maintenance and optimization of existing Splunk deployments.
Being part of the team, you will be also conducting the evaluation and implementation of security tools in order to improve the visibility and response to security incidents. In this role you will work closely with network engineering and technical operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate any network threats.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top