Specialist - Supply Chain Management
- Undergraduate or Master's degree, MBA advantageous
- Minimum 6 years of Supply Chain Management and/or Consulting experience preferably in Automotive, Pharmaceutical, IT/High-tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, Retail, Chemical or General Merchandising Store (GMS) and Logistics Services sector
- Previous experience managing: the design and implementation of logistics strategy, network or warehouse optimization, supply chain planning and management processes, supply chain modelling and optimization, supply chain software
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent English and Japanese a must
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations Practice in Japan. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Supply Chain Management service line part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented logistics strategies We do this by making significant improvements in customer service while reducing invested capital and cost by transforming and optimizing their supply chains from end to end.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams with colleagues and client staff from a wide variety of business areas to develop innovative supply chain solutions, whilst maintaining a broad perspective. You will also work together with other staff from our worldwide Operations Practice to further develop our concepts, whilst expanding your own knowledge and skills.
You will bring your personal ideas and experiences to the job - thereby helping our clients to achieve competitive success, and us to continuously renew our expertise.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top