Specialist - Recovery & Transformation Services
- Advanced degree in Computer Applications/ Engineering/ Mathematics/ Operations research (with strong quantitative background)
- Strong analytics background with 5+ years of experience in building business algorithms/ scenario planners/ solving business problems using optimization techniques; experience of running project management offices is a plus
- Knowledge and direct experience on technical subjects (VBA, SQL, etc.) a must; in particular ability to directly manage developers and ability to "lean in" yourself when necessary
- Knowledge of applying fundamental operations research and statistical techniques
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality; able to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members
- Detail oriented and with ability to work under pressure, mentally resilient to endure the long and tough road of a transformation
- Flexible and patient with an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Highly pragmatic, focused on achieving outcomes and impact
- Entrepreneurial and proactive about thinking about potential improvements to how things are done
- Basic software engineering project management experience in Agile, Lean, or Scrum development is a plus (in particular defining requirements, rapidly iterating and deploying features)
- Willingness to travel to various client locations globally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Knowledge Network.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS), founded in 2010, focuses exclusively on holistic transformations and corporate restructuring. RTS helps clients drive rapid and dramatic performance improvement and also provides a full suite of services to support companies facing liquidity issues or insolvency. Our clients include stressed/distressed companies, organizations seeking to go from "good to great" and stakeholders in insolvency situations. Our work ranges from acute crisis management to long term recovery and performance improvement. We pair experienced professionals drawn from industry, private equity, and the restructuring ecosystem with our firm's global network of industry and functional experts. We are doers, and we work closely with clients to execute the steps necessary to achieve extraordinary performance improvements
What You'll Do
You will work directly with clients, bringing a deep understanding of tools, technologies and best practices for their needs.
You will serve as "product owner" for a number of technological solutions (e.g. Nerve and, SnapLogic, SQL based reporting, Tableau and PowerBI, Excel VBA). You will develop best practices minimizing duplication of efforts, (e.g., project management tool set-up, report templates, approach to frequently deployed RTS components). You will actively participate in developing products and build team capabilities for high quality and consistent delivery.
You will pull in the latest firm developments in technology and client service to advance the state of current practice, and collaborate in knowledge and toolkit development with innovators within and outside the practice on new approaches to enhance transformation delivery.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top