Specialist - Organization
- Graduate degree and/or MBA with an outstanding academic record from a reputable institution; international experience preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably from a management consulting firm or HR consulting organization
- Ease in approaching issues from a top management view and discussing them in the overall context of a business
- Ability to absorb rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex business issues
- Expertise in key organization areas such as talent management, leadership development, change management, organization design, HR function excellence and processes
- Ability to design and structure programs tailored to particular client and business context
- Comfort in leading and facilitating client workshops; presence to coach, train, and challenge senior executive audience with credibility
- Hands-on in conducting analyses; experience and certifications in organizational assessment tools and diagnostics would be valuable
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, develop hypotheses and actionable recommendations from data and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially directed to senior executive audience
- Willingness to travel frequently to serve clients on site in South East Asia
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Organization practice in either Bangkok, Jakarta, or Kuala Lumpur.
The Organization practice is committed to helping clients execute their strategic and operational agendas by enhancing their overall organizational effectiveness. We help clients across four major areas of organization - organization design, human capital, transformational change, and merger management.
What You'll Do
You will work directly with client service teams on organization related client projects.
You will typically work with clients on location as either a dedicated team member or as an internal consultant to McKinsey teams. You would be expected to leverage your expertise in Organization and Human Resources to solve some of the most pressing and complex client issues. You'll share your industry relevant insights and recommendations and help client team create lasting impact for the client. This will involve working very closely with our McKinsey Leadership Institute, and client situations could range from shaping organizational success at clients by driving leadership to capability building programs. You'll work on large-scale transformation programs at clients leading to a sustainable, positive impact.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to grow into a thought leader and help build cutting-edge knowledge, including concepts, frameworks, tools and ideas, and you'll stay abreast of the latest thinking to bring greater impact to our client development efforts and reputation-building efforts on client engagements.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top