Specialist – Oil & Gas – Petroleum Asset EXcellence (PAX) Upstream
- Undergraduate degree ideally in Petroleum Engineering or closely related specialty; Post graduate qualifications in business is advantageous
- 8+ years of experience working within an Oil & Gas company, either at an operator or service provider/OFSC Upstream focused (e.g., reservoir engineering, production optimization, drilling and completions, well intervention, services and facilities)
- Strong background in project management and/or asset management for onshore or offshore assets
- Exposed to different commercial agreements across different assets and various JV partners (national or international)
- Strong business insight, impressive career development, and outstanding performance track record
- Experience participating in or leading operational improvement projects
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required
- Flexibility to travel
Who You'll Work With
You will be based out of our Amsterdam, Oslo, Vienna or Munich office and will be part of the Petroleum Asset eXcellence (PAX) unit, a New Venture within McKinsey's Oil & Gas Practice.
Your work will directly contribute to increasing the value of Upstream assets and turnaround operational performance. McKinsey's renowned advisory, combined with specialized expertise in reservoir / well management, drilling, production optimization, onshore / offshore operations and asset management, allows PAX to integrate with the existing asset team to address current business and performance challenges - to maximize and realize the intrinsic value of the asset, whilst improving capabilities and sustaining change.
What You'll Do
You will apply your industry experience to support clients and provide expertise and support to our client teams.
You will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organizations. You will provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models.
Additionally, you'll work closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams (CSTs), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings and ultimately drive implementation and change. We expect you to participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives as well as conferences and client workshops.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top