Specialist - Oil & Gas Manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree ideally in an oil and gas-related field, advanced degree preferred
- 5-13 years of Operational and/or Consulting experience in Oil and Gas
- Solid knowledge in system-level lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System, e.g. Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Kanban, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Australia. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Manufacturing Service Line is committed to helping clients align manufacturing strategy to overall business strategy and design and execute manufacturing transformations.
What You'll Do
As Oil & Gas Manufacturing Specialist, you will work with colleagues and client staff to build best practices of lean transformation.
Your focus will be serving our clients from the oil and gas industry, mainly from the downstream and oilfield services industries, on improving their operational performance. In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
Examples of the type of work our manufacturing consultants perform in Oil and Gas include: design operating and production systems; drive and support implementation of lean improvement activities; build and enhance quality systems; build lean operations capabilities in client organizations; improve the energy efficiency of operations.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top