Specialist - Manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ideal), advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience in a high-performance manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge in system-level lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System, e.g., Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Kanban, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke
- Comprehensive understanding of issues related to production system improvement, reliability centered maintenance, and the applications of kaizen gained from world-class lean manufacturing organizations
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Japan. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
As part of our Operations practice, the Manufacturing Service Line is committed to helping clients align manufacturing strategy to overall business strategy and design and execute manufacturing transformations. Our services in Lean transformation are becoming an increasingly necessary requirement for clients in manufacturing sectors as well as non-traditional Lean areas such as process (energy, basic materials) and service (banking, retailing, airlines) industries.
What You'll Do
You'll work with colleagues and clients to build best practices of lean transformation, from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of Lean Manufacturing approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
In this role, you may design operating and production systems; drive and support implementation of lean improvement activities on the shop floor and along the value stream; improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations; build and enhance quality systems; build lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations; and optimize global networks of manufacturing facilities.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your experience and insights with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Lean Manufacturing.
Back to top