Specialist - Manufacturing
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in the engineering field; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a high-performance manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge in system-level lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System, e.g., Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Kanban, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke
- Comprehensive understanding of production system improvement, reliability centered maintenance, and the applications of Kaizen gained from world-class lean manufacturing organizations
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent in both English and Korean
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Operations practice and will be based in Seoul, South Korea. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Manufacturing service line – part of our Operations practice – is committed to helping clients align manufacturing strategy to overall business strategy and design and execute manufacturing transformations. Our services in lean transformation are becoming an increasingly necessary requirement for clients in manufacturing sectors as well as non-traditional Lean areas such as process (energy, basic materials) and service (banking, retailing, airlines) industries.
What You'll Do
As Manufacturing Specialist, you will help build best practices on lean transformation which will range from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches. You will develop tailor-made solutions, working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. You will also work with our global network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
You will have the opportunity to design operating and production systems and drive and support the implementation of lean improvement activities on the shop floor and along the value stream. You will help improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations and build lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations. You will also help optimize the global networks of manufacturing facilities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top