Specialist Intern - New Ventures Campus
- Be currently enrolled in an academic program with expected graduation date of Dec. 2018 through Aug. 2019
- Base of expertise in an area and strong trajectory of building on and expanding that base
- Solid problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, develop hypotheses and actionable recommendations from data and analysis
- Business acumen; Ease in approaching issues from a top management view and discussing them in the overall context of a business. Ability to absorb rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex business issues
- Strong communicator and able to present with confidence
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our New Ventures team in one of our North America offices for ~10 weeks over the summer. You'll work as part of a client project team, collaborating with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers. Jr. Specialists have a base of expertise in a function or industry. They are staffed on engagements (largely in full time roles) and are expected to leverage expertise to solve some of the most pressing and complex issues at clients.
What You'll Do
You'll be staffed on client studies, own a piece of a workstream, and use your expertise to develop insights & recommendations.
You'll develop credible and effective working relationships with client team members and translate recommendations to pragmatic action. You'll focus on practice and capability building by being an active participant in your practice. You'll engage on knowledge development and will be able to effectively synthesize and share your own expertise with colleagues. You'll also contribute to knowledge building by codifying approaches and case studies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top