Specialist - Innovation Bootcamp Corporate Venturing, Fuel By McKinsey, New Ventures
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 2- 4 years of experience working in client facing team environments (e.g., market or business development teams with VCs or tech companies), preferably in the Bay Area
- Experience scoping and managing strategic briefings in a c-suite environment, ideally on topics related to innovation
- 2 - 4 years of experience working with innovation groups or corporate venture capital arm of a major corporation or as leader of an entrepreneurial company is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to turn first conversations into thought partnerships and deliverables
- Ability to be "stand-alone" in senior client settings
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present strategic value propositions to client senior executives
- Proven passion for helping to grow a business
- Proven project management skills
- Willingness to spend significant time with corporations and start-ups, many of which are located in Silicon Valley
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Fuel By McKinsey team in either San Francisco or Silicon Valley.
Fuel By McKinsey is part of McKinsey New Ventures and is a new firm-sponsored initiative targeted to helping technology startups (VC or growth PE backed) achieve higher growth rates. To date, we have served more than 140 startup companies on topics like pricing, sales effectiveness, product value propositions, and customer churn. We are growing rapidly and are looking for people who are passionate about Fuel By McKinsey and interested in start-ups to come and join us.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for and expands our invtestment in out entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions and vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will serve as local market liaison to support large corporations on their innovation strategies and help them explore and engage with the innovation ecosystem in Silicon Valley, particularly with focus on emerging technologies (e.g., blockchain, machine learning, IoT, etc).
You will be responsible for driving the overall growth and success of the service line through supporting client development efforts, leading strategic market scans, building new relationships with local startups, brokering and curating the right meetings among executives, and supporting the teams serving our clients.
McKinsey & Company has deep relationships with executives at most of the world's largest organizations and of the tech players in Silicon Valley. You will work with our leadership to identify opportunities to work with these organizations on topics related to innovation. Your role will be to help our clients shape their innovation roadmap by exploring opportunities of collaboration with companies in the Bay Area. Identifying and understanding where disruption is taking place is critical to the success of our clients.
Back to top