Specialist - Consumer & Shopper Insights
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, market research, or related area
- Second degree (MBA, PhD) or a minimum of 3 years of experience in designing market research projects and deriving customer insights is required, preferably at a market research agency, a research department at a consumer-oriented company, or in academic market research or modelling
- In-depth knowledge of customer insights from any business sector (e.g., consumer, retail, B2B, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, experience in developing surveys, executing them, as well as analyzing the data files to find relevant insights and implications (i.e., very strong analytical and statistical skills, e.g., SPSS knowledge)
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working in one of our Western European offices with our Marketing & Sales practice as Consumer & Shopper Insights Specialist.
The Marketing & Sales Practice strives to help client in both consumer and business-to-business environments on a wide variety of marketing and sales topics. The mission of this practice is to help clients achieve marketing-driven profit growth. Our clients benefit from our experience in core areas of marketing such as branding, customer insights, marketing ROI, digital marketing, CLM pricing, and sales and channel management.
What You'll Do
You'll work as a consulting team member to deliver strategic recommendations to clients grounded in relevant consumer and customer insights.
As a part of this practice, you'll focus on developing marketing and sales strategies for leading companies of all major industries, including consumer goods, financial services, retail, telecommunications, and logistics.
Your goal is to understand clients'primary business questions and to translate these into suitable research approaches, including vendors, costs and issues to resolve in execution. You will drive and execute client research needs with the team and/or client directly, such as: defining information needs and research approaches.
You will design research projects, which includes writing surveys or guides. As a CSI Specialist, you'll work with the team to translate input from various analyses (e.g., existing or new market research, customer database information, digital insights) into specific and actionable business recommendations.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top