Specialist, Advanced Insights - McKinsey Solutions
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD, etc.)
- 5+ years related experience with advanced analytics and statistical techniques such as classification and regression tree (CART/CHAID), factor analysis, correspondence analysis, clustering, discriminant analysis, and multivariate regression / econometric modeling, predictive modeling, Random Forest
- Additional experience in mixed modeling and big data techniques is desirable
- Advanced SPSS and/or SAS knowledge (knowledge of R is a plus) Alteryx, Data Visualization, and Excel
- Ability to identify implications and drive toward business recommendation
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to present in clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of syndicated, scanner, and panel data
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility and patience in a fluid environment
- Team oriented and collaborative approach in working across teams and clients
- Passion for analytics and problem solving
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope Advanced Insights team in one of our US offices. Periscope Advanced Insights is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures and supports the Growth Mapping capability in applying advanced analytics and proprietary frameworks in a wide range of business questions for CPG and non-CPG categories globally.
Founded in 2007, Periscope by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud based tools to enable 25 solutions which focus on insights and marketing,expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for client relationship management as the analytic lead and will assist with shaping of the final client deliverable.
You'll conduct core analytics with a high degree of accuracy and then work with the project team to formulate strategic insights for clients. You'll create and deliver advanced analytics using a variety of techniques including Purchase Structure, Usage Map, Segmentation, Econometric Modeling, and various other multivariate statistical analyses.
Additionally, you'll assist with analytic plan development, manage information requirements (client, syndicated, suppliers), and utilize firm standards and processes to deliver workstream results on time and within budget. You'll collaborate with consulting teams to assure superior client satisfaction by providing hands-on deep analytics, and credible, insightful communication both internally and with clients.
You'll partner with Persicope team members, client service teams, clients, and suppliers (syndicated, survey) in a positive and constructive manner, focused on the best possible end result. You'll have the opportunity to develop hands-on knowledge and experience with advanced analytic approaches and concepts such as Market/Purchase Structure, Growth Mapping and Segmentation.
Back to top