Sourcing Recruiter - New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of recruiting experience at a search firm or within a talent acquisition sourcing organization
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Goal driven with the ability to proactively take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills; high attention to detail; and the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Comfort managing sensitive information, with an appreciation for and commitment to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
- Ability to exhibit executive presence with the confidence
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel necessary; previous experience with CRM/candidate database systems is a must
Who You'll Work With
You will join the Experienced Professional New Ventures recruiting team in one of our North America offices (Chicago, New York, Waltham or Tampa). Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting represents a growing share of McKinsey's overall recruitment portfolio, and includes all non-campus hires across all levels and tenures of the firm. As the EP team serves a wide variety of internal clients, there will be the opportunity to explore the growing and changing firm in this role.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals and we're hiring more data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers, mathematicians and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will draw on your extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition to forge dynamic relationships with leaders, hiring managers and talent managers.
As the Experienced Professional recruitment team continues to grow, you will be responsible for leading initial recruiting strategy sessions to understand specific needs to attract top talent.
You will utilize technology, networks, cold calling, and research methods to source passive candidates. You'll develop a strong understanding of McKinsey and the positions within it, in order to deliver the right candidates based off business needs and objectives.
You'll develop and execute innovative search techniques to generate diverse and highly qualified candidate slates to staff open positions. By conducting initial screens, you will evaluate skill sets, sell McKinsey and determine whether a candidate is a good fit for the firm. You will generate pipelines of top talent for forecasted openings by leveraging market intelligence and industry trends, including target companies and organizations.
You'll be responsible for documenting candidate feedback and final dispositions, training other recruiters on new sourcing techniques, and evaluating new sourcing tools and best practices.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top