Sourcing Recruiter - New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of recruiting experience at a search firm or within a talent acquisition sourcing organization
- Experience executing diversity recruiting strategies
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to practice or solutions
- Goal driven with the ability to proactively take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and partner with senior leaders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel and previous experience with CRM/candidate database systems
- Comfort managing sensitive information, with an appreciation for and commitment to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in either Munich or Amsterdam and will be part of the Experienced Professional recruiting team supporting New Ventures. McKinsey is committed to bringing the best women to the firm, by creating the finest development and leadership opportunities for women, and supporting women as they advance in their careers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals and we're hiring more data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers, mathematicians and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work to understand McKinsey New Venture's hiring needs and develop a sourcing strategy to identify and attract top women.
You will also work closely with McKinsey's Recruiting Research function to build profiles and create pipelines for cultivation.
As a Women's Sourcing Recruiter you will be responsible for identifying, assessing and cultivating the top women in the marketplace. You will utilize technology, networks, cold calling, events and research methods to source passive women candidates. You will generate pipelines of top women for forecasted openings by leveraging market intelligence and industry trends, including target companies and organizations, to build candidate slates.
You will execute innovative search techniques and leverage multiple tools including LinkedIn Recruiter, Google and other search technology. Through conducting initial screens, you'll evaluate candidates' experience, sell McKinsey and determine best fit for the firm. You will also lead or participate firm-sponsored events promoting careers for women within McKinsey and/or New Ventures.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top