- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- More than 6 years in a professional business environment, with at least 4 years indirect procurement experience required
- Strong ability to use data effectively to influence change
- Demonstrate and teach project management skills, solve problems quickly and innovatively
- Build relationships and collaborate; natural drive and ambition to learn and improve
- Experience managing, leading and developing others
- Knowledge: Mastery of Excel, Email, Word and PowerPoint
- Very strong knowledge of Procurement & Accounting concepts, ERP systems, RFx processes, Contracts and T&C's and generally accepted purchasing principles
- Knowledge of corporate credit card offerings, value propositions, and purchase to pay work stream
- Fluency in English and, ideally, in second language
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Prague, Czech Republic and will be a member of the Sourcing team within Optimize.
This function delivers distinctive, positive and productive experiences through various services ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing. This group is responsible for managing the expenditures and putting emphasis on enhancing the client experience, achieving operational excellence, and providing total value to the entire firm.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for managing regional spend and developing a team to manage that spend. You will deliver against savings targets and required service levels for higher level spend range, lead major sourcing events (25-35% of time) and conduct all activities using generally accepted purchasing principles, including TCO, demand management, PESTLE, etc.
You will also generate opportunities to expand the Sourcing team's reach at the Firm, finding new ways to save money and add qualitative value as well as influence stakeholders of the Sourcing team's ability to add value in these new and existing areas. Depending on the spend category, you may represent Sourcing as an extended team member in Global negotiations and supplier interactions.
Additionally, you will lead and work with teams to review current supplier relationships and commercial terms, develop analyses and business cases for change and manage and build ongoing and successful relationships with suppliers, foster cooperation, and adoption and fulfillment of contract obligations. You will model best practices for others on the sourcing team, share deep knowledge widely within the group and contribute to inter-office and departmental initiatives, providing insight to leading best-practices and supplier initiatives and innovations.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top