Sourcing Category Lead
- Bachelor's Degree with a Master's preferred
- 5 - 7 years in a professional business environment with at least with at least 3 years indirect procurement experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage long term projects and/or exposure to program management
- Strong knowledge of procurement concepts, RFx processes, contracts and T&C's and generally accepted purchasing principles
- Strong knowledge of various categories, Six Sigma certification
- Excellent data driven analytical ability
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving ability
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English, and ideally in a second language
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in the Miramar, Florida office and will be a member of the Global Sourcing team within a larger group, Optimize.
Optimize is a McKinsey & Company function that provides various services and support functions ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing for McKinsey & Company employees worldwide.
What You'll Do
You will identify sourcing opportunities that will ultimately benefit the firm and will create new and build upon existing relationships with suppliers.
Working with the Sourcing Manager, you'll focus on understanding internal business needs and the external supply market to identify and act on value and savings opportunities. You will also develop, execute and manage category plans to identify new sources of supply and lead supplier development in line with global sourcing strategy as well as support and manage firm wide programs in middle of execution that will require a strong program-minded approach.
In addition, you will contribute to departmental initiatives, providing insight on market activity, supplier initiatives and innovations and process issues as well as influence stakeholders to make the most value oriented purchasing decisions. You will negotiate and actively manage contracts and category spend to ensure continuous improvement (e.g., better pricing, more services, less risk).
Back to top