Solution Specialist - Wave, New Ventures
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience in the field of IT, consulting and/or Business Intelligence
- Master's degree in Business or in Engineering; an MBA is considered a plus
- English and Germany fluency are required if based in Cologne; English fluency required if based in London
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative/analytical thinking capabilities (strong command of MS Excel; VBA, SQL are a plus)
- Experience in client service and change management; program management is a plus
- Project management experience with large roll out/SaaS implementation programs (CRM, ERP)
- Independent self-management skills and ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Capable of carrying out multiple tasks or projects in parallel
- Strong communications skills to facilitate discussions and conduct trainings
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with risk taking and ambiguity
- Ability to travel ~50%
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Wave team, which is part of McKinsey New Ventures, and either be based in Cologne (preferred) or London.
Wave equips clients to successfully manage improvement programs and transformations. Focused on business impact, Wave allows clients to track the impact of individual initiatives and understand how they affect longer term goals. Its mix of an intuitive interface and McKinsey business expertise givens clients a simple and insightful picture of what can otherwise be a complex process by allowing them to track the progress and performance of initiatives against business goals, budget, and time frames.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be at the core of bridging client business challenges with the capabilities of our solutions.
You will work closely with client representatives and McKinsey consultants in joint problem-solving sessions. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving the process of converting and enriching raw client data sources into the high added value datamart required for Solutions to deliver the insights related to the business challenges at stake.
You will be expected to master the analytics and methodology embedded into the Solutions and the data concepts related to the solution's functional or sector domains. You will accompany clients in their use of the solutions to drive sustainable and high impact. This involves engaging with client sponsors on a regular basis to discuss about how to drive user adoption (leveraging our usage analytics framework), help them with questions they might have regarding the solution usage or applicability, and more.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top