Solution Delivery Specialist - Digital Small Commercial Insurance
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA, or other advanced professional degree preferred
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in client service and/or technology solution client delivery in the financial services industry
- Prior consulting experience is preferred
- Familiarity with key project management principles; IT delivery experience a plus
- Outstanding problem solving skills, ability to structure and solve complex technical and organizational issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an ability to lead discussions with clients across all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in building DSCI's fintech solution
- An interest in, and ideally a strong understanding of core products and processes of the small commercial P&C insurance space
- Understanding of the product, process and technology aspects of the agile approach
- Strong team player in a global team environment
- Close attention to detail and ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Strong quantitative skills; advanced analytics experience a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to travel regionally.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Chicago with our Digital Small Commercial Insurance (DSCI) team. DSCI is a fintech solution within McKinsey New Ventures that combines an end-to-end digital interface with machine learning analytics to transform the way carriers sell small commercial P&C policies, significantly accelerating growth. Our services ensure a tailored, and comprehensive solution enhanced by a long-term partnership with McKinsey.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll work directly with senior client executives at the CXO level and in close collaboration with the client leadership and DCSI teams to define, set-up, and manage DSCI product customization, deployment and roll-out processes, and you'll drive high impact and sustainable results for our insurance industry clients.
You'll lead day-to-day activities of an agile development process and manage delivery of the product implementation project. You'll also lead problem-solving, identify opportunities, and you'll generate, evaluate and implement result oriented solutions for business, technology and organizational problems. You'll support clients in defining DSCI go to market strategy, roll out planning and execution, and you'll drive analysis on client impact.
Additionally, you'll coordinate work with developers, system integrators, client team members and internal teams (e.g., analytics, product, design) and you'll have the opportunity to coach lower tenured McKinsey colleagues within the delivery team.
Furthermore, you'll contribute to defining long term DSCI product and infrastructure vision and roadmap, and go to market strategy for new products and offerings. You'll have the chance to influence new products and, where appropriate, contribute to specific product development efforts. You'll also assume additional responsibilities as necessary in this start-up environment.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top