Software Platforms Technology Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of technical experience with supporting business critical applications, continuous delivery and automations on larger scale.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, concepts and design elements; strong hands on skills with server operating systems and environments
- Strong understanding of presentation tiers, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, IIS
- Proven expert in end-user services and infrastructure operations of corporate environment
- Scripting experience in Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl development or similar languages
- Hands on experience with Dockers, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other infrastructure commissioning and deployment automation tools
- Experience with monitoring / data analysis tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Up.time
- Knowledge of HA / DR concepts for web platforms
- Understanding on core backend technologies (storage, network)
- Solid knowledge of DevOps, Agile methodologies and ITIL
- Strong process / project management background with interest in developing and streamlining processes
- Self-driven, organized and excellent time management
- Ability to work both independently as well as in various multi-cultural team settings
Who You'll Work WithYou will work in our San Jose, Costra Rica office and will be a part of our Operations and Reliability Engineering (ORE) team, an entity within McKinsey's worldwide IT organization. The ORE team manages IT services and is responsible for managing the firm's entire global IT infrastructure.
What You'll Do
You will develop innovative and sound solutions to fulfill the requirements of our fast paced and agile user community while working closely with operations team to improve service quality.
In this role you will focus on the automation and orchestration strategy for existing McKinsey IT infrastructure by ensuring application availability, performance, change management, monitoring, capacity planning and problem management. You will be working with product triad teams to translate business objectives into explicit objectives for operations.
You will be in charge of managing infrastructure and infrastructure as code development projects, rollouts and deployments. You will work with software developers and technical specialists across various technologies to ensure a smooth, fast and flexible implementation of new services and technologies.
You will strive to continuously develop, improve and help implement efficient operations processes, as well as help coordinate and implement new technologies / applications. You will conduct root cause analysis of complex technical issues and drive in-depth analysis across teams.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top