Software Engineer Intern - New Ventures Campus
- Be currently enrolled in an academic program with expected graduation date of Dec. 2018 through Aug. 2020
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area
- Experience working with a development team using Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of fundamental CS concepts
- Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Proficiency in automated unit tests
- Experience with developer tools and with at least one language: NodeJS, React, Go, .Net, or Java
- Knowledge cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our New Ventures Technology team in one of our North America offices over the summer for ~ 10 weeks. This team supports our Solutions through incubating their technology applications and building out a common platform to accelerate each solution with reusable core components across infrastructure, platform, services and front-end technologies. You will work closely with the Product Management, Product Design and Scrum Master team members.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers. Jr. Specialists have a base of expertise in a function or industry. They are staffed on engagements (largely in full time roles) and are expected to leverage expertise to solve some of the most pressing and complex issues at clients.
What You'll Do
You will help deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our New Venture Solutions.
Your work will expand into Cloud technologies, Automated testing and Micro-services domains. You will be an active learner, identifying new open source libraries, using unfamiliar technologies and learning new programming languages to meet technical requirements. You will have an understanding of key agile engineering methodology and modern software development best practices.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top