Software Developer Intern
- Completed or currently enrolled on a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Active follower in the technology community, ie., contributing to open source projects, attending hackathons or conferences, blogging, etc
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies (eg. IoT, AI, AR/VR)
- Experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive adaptive applications
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Effective collaborator able to engage the team, whilst also enjoying autonomy and taking the intuitive
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and ideally German
- Willing to travel extensively, up to 80% of the time across the globe – specifically Western Europe
- Valid EU or Germany work permit
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working in Berlin as part of our McKinsey Digital Labs team. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
As part of Digital McKinsey you will be a part of a highly collaborative team who are adept at solving complex digital problems. You will be a part of a diverse cross-functional unit to design, build and deliver new and exciting capabilities for our clients - with the emphasis on creating the foundation for rapid and effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
What You'll Do
You will work in small cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative way, use the latest technologies and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
Your internship will extend between 6 - 12 months and you will spend a considerable amount of time travelling from Berlin across Western Europe as a part of our digital missions.
You will help create rapid prototypes, usually in 4 to 6 weeks, as well as full-scale applications typically within 3 to 6 months, by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. As an intern, you will contribute to the production of software and architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top