- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 7-15 years' experience in software development
- Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures)
- Experience with relational and nonrelational data stores (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilising RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications
- Playing an active role in the technology community, ie., contributing to open source projects, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc
- Have first-hand experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience of engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Familiarty with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and German
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working in Berlin as part of our McKinsey Digital team.
McKinsey Digital combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
What You'll Do
As a Software Architect, you will be involved in leading agile implementation and transformation projects with our clients.
You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top