- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in software development
- Demonstrated an excellent knowledge of technology across several domains
- Experience with engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous integration, test driven development, Microservices, RESTful design and incremental design
- Expertise with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit, Midje or Selenium; writing code without tests should be unimaginable
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security, functional programming
- Infrastructure knowledge including AWS, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching and mentoring others
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively without getting overwhelmed
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Strong command of the English language, both verbally and in writing
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Greater China as part of Digital Labs and our Digital McKinsey teams more broadly.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
What You'll Do
You will be involved in leading agile implementation and transformation projects at Fortune 500 companies.
You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
The Software Architect has a real passion for software engineering. Well qualified candidates will have contributed to open source projects, have participated in some technical community or interest group or have written or spoken in public about their technical ideas. Despite having over 7 to 10 years of experience, a Software Architect at McKinsey will still be an active learner: tinkering with new open source libraries, using unfamiliar technologies without a lot of supervision and learning new programming languages in their spare time, etc. Lastly, the individual would also have a strong understanding of key Agile engineering practices to guide senior client IT leaders on improvement opportunities in their engineering practices.
Back to top