Service Desk Technical Specialist
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 1-2 years of experience administering Lotus Notes/Domino systems
- Basic but solid understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems and IP networking concepts (B Tech or MCA desired)
- Exposure to networking technologies and support is a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Solid sense for operational priorities
- Distinct quality mindset and service attitude
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Strong process management background and interest in developing and optimizing processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong command of English language
- Willingness to work Monday to Friday from 11am to 8pm
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work with our Operations & Reliability Engineering team in San José, Costa Rica. Operations & Reliability Engineering (ORE) is part of the Global IT Services organization, and Service Desk support is a part of the ORE services. The team is responsible for managing the firm's entire global IT infrastructure.
What You'll Do
You will monitor the firm's global infrastructure environment and perform troubleshooting tasks such as server restarts and monitoring of the infrastructure.
In this role you will handle administrative requests such as account creation and modifications to our Lotus Notes/Domino address book. You will support internal customers, the majority of which are members of the IT support entities and on occasion, deliver support directly to McKinsey end-users.
As a Service Desk Technical Specialist you will encounter a variety of support requests in a fast-paced environment and will deal with a wide variety of support queries and issues. This will require you to be highly adaptable and open to work on new tasks. You will need to keep up with a rapidly changing environment through a strong willingness and ability to learn.
You will deliver high-quality IT support by implementing the best possible solution for the customer. Often you will work against tight deadlines and will need to prioritize and escalate problems when required. You will demonstrate a high level of commitment and ownership in your work and in team collaboration.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top