Senior Vice President - Recovery & Transformation Services
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree or MBA is highly advantageous
- Experience in senior operational role (COO, Chief Transformation Officer), preferably in a large corporation or private equity owned portfolio company, leading companies (ideally >$1 billion in revenue and geographically diverse) through distressed situations
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Unparalleled experience leading turnaround and transformation cases in the industry sectors, restoring distressed companies to profitability and materially improving operating performance.
- Foundation in operations; must be able to dig into P&L and tear apart a balance sheet
- Robust understanding of business plan modeling and working capital management
- Experience and expertise driving rapid and successful operational turnarounds across key strategic, revenue, cost and working capital levers
- Experience in engaging and driving negotiations across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and Mandarin, both verbally and in writing, is essential
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with the Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS) team in one of our China offices. You will be a part of the Global McKinsey RTS team and the Transformation and Turnaround Service Line.
Recovery & Transformation Services helps clients drive rapid and dramatic performance improvement, and also provides a full suite of services to support companies facing liquidity issues or insolvency. We currently have ~100 dedicated consultants and count more than 200 generalist consultants among our global affiliates. In 2016, we served clients in more than 50 countries, many of which were among the largest impact situations for the firm globally.
What You'll Do
You will serve clients looking to achieve large scale transformations, help continue to scale up the RTS practice in Asia, and contribute to building the RTS practice globally.
You'll collaborate with McKinsey colleagues in RTS and the broader firm to create and develop opportunities to serve clients in, or heading towards, financial distress, through turning around service lines. You'll have the opportunity to lead McKinsey teams to deliver distinctive impact in restructuring and transformation client engagements and build distinctive practice knowledge assets on turnaround service offerings.
Additionally, you'll have the chance to attract and develop outstanding turnaround professionals through external hiring as well as developing internal talent. Initially you will spend up to 80% directly serving clients and leading teams to deliver impact, with the remainder being spent on building the practice.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top