Senior Technology Engineer - Lean Solutions
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in software development with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology.
- Adept in application development technologies: AngularJS, NodeJS and Java (specifically through Spring).
- Adept in working within an Agile development process, including working with CiCd technologies and automated test (UI and Backend) frameworks.
- Experienced with data storage SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experienced with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, building highly scalable applications, application security.
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, with Azure or Google a plus.
- Experienced with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes a plus.
- Knowledge of shop-floor SCADA/PLC systems a plus.
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Willingness to travel to client and Firm locations
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Integrated Lean Solutions (ILS) team, a McKinsey New Venture, in Chicago. Lean Solutions is a digital suite of products that drives next level Lean Manufacturing excellence and accelerates continuous improvement. We are looking to scale the product rapidly with a focus on IoT (Internet of Things), data visualization, and advanced analytics.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will provide best in class technology architecture design and lead the development for a fast growing platform.
In this role you will initially focus on building a full IoT stack for the solutions – repeatable and rapidly deployment tools to connect to machine equipment as well as database to flexible dashboarding and analytics tools. Longer term, Lean Solutions will become a turnkey cloud to rapidly stand up an Industry 4.0 platform comprised of edge computing, cloud computing, data integration, analytics and applications.
You will work with our Digital Capability Center (DCC) at the Digital Manufacturing Design Innovation Institute (DMDII) in Chicago. This center houses a range of cutting edge manufacturing technologies and a working machining and assembly line used to build client capabilities. In this exciting facility you will help the DCC integrate ILS and other digital solutions into their physical manufacturing environment in a live "test and learn" environment.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top