Senior Technical Recruiter - Costa Rica
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of recruiting experience, preferably gained while working for an executive search firm or in a corporate recruiting function
- Experience recruiting for consulting, technical and software development (SQL, Data, Analytics, etc.) positions
- Goal driven with the ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity and the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and partner with senior leaders and stakeholders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
- Experience collaborating with local and global teams – recruiting, HR, office Leadership
- Experience organizing local recruiting and networking events to attract qualified candidates
- Strong understanding of local market trends in recruiting
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel and previous experience with CRM or applicant tracking systems
- Comfort handling sensitive information, with an appreciation for and dedication to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal English skills are required
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting team supporting New Ventures, an exciting new business area.
Experienced Professional recruiting represents a growing share of McKinsey's overall recruitment portfolio, and includes all non-campus hires across all levels and tenures of the firm. As the EP team serves a wide variety of internal clients, there will be the opportunity to explore the growing and changing firm in this role.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will lead all aspects of Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting for New Ventures, from handling client needs to talent mapping and direct sourcing, as well as overseeing applicants and referrals for various offices and practices across Central and North America.
As the New Ventures EP recruiting team continues to grow and evolve, you will be responsible for understanding talent needs and executing targeted recruiting strategies. You'll be responsible for planning, coordinating and driving hiring activities such as developing sourcing strategies using direct sourcing, online postings, referrals and other creative search methods. You will do this to identify, attract and develop candidate interest as well as to screen and evaluate candidates using our proprietary assessment methodologies.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading candidates and assessors through the interview process ensuring efficiency in scheduling, providing appropriate interview preparation, and sharing timely feedback. You will be in charge of managing candidate cultivation and integration into the firm. You will be developing and maintaining relationships with leadership, candidates and colleagues while being highly responsive to all inquiries. You'll handle recruiting analysis and ensure all recruiting and candidate knowledge is tracked, updated and maintained in firm CRM systems. You'll collaborate closely with our internal research team to provide guidance on research strategies, analyze talent landscapes, and keep abreast of ground-breaking talent research methodologies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top