Senior Systems Engineer - Techops Hosting, McKinsey Solutions
- 5+ years experience in IT with at least 2 years experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud offerings
- Expert level hands-on experience with SAAS architectures comprising various OSes, database and distributed computation platforms
- Strong automation skills and security expertise
- Good command of technologies like HTTP, SSL, load balancing, WAFs, SMTP
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Passionate about technology and helping your clients
- Excellent problem-solving; able to process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Autonomous worker, well organized, structured
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust as needed
- Consistently deliver exceptional results and great ideas; client-service focused
- Creative, curious, willing to push themselves and learn
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Gurgaon office as part of McKinsey Solutions and New Ventures.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You'll work within the McKinsey Solutions engineering team to provision, optimize, and maintain its SaaS offering.
In this context, your main activities will include the development and implementation of IT systems and processes supporting SAAS applications and the advanced automation of provisioning, quality control, security audits and maintenance.
You'll also provide general system administration and support, and you'll be responsible for the reporting and follow-up of key server metrics (performance, capacity, backups & recoverability indices, etc.). Additionally, you'll be expected to focus on improving the efficiency of operational activities and the development and implementation of administration and reporting tools.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top