Senior Recruiter - North America
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of recruiting experience, preferably gained while working for an executive search firm or in a corporate recruiting function; title will be in line with relevant experience
- Experience recruiting for consulting, software development and/or data scientist positions is a strong plus.
- Goal driven with the ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity, as the scope of this role will likely shift over time as recruiting demand varies
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Strong client service orientation; previous experience in a professional services organization ideal
- Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and partner with senior leaders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel necessary; previous experience with CRM or applicant tracking systems is required
- Comfort handling sensitive information, with an appreciation for and dedication to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
Who You'll Work With
You will join the Experienced Professional team in either Chicago, Waltham, or New York as part of the high-performing Experienced Professional recruiting team supporting New Ventures, an exciting new business area within McKinsey & Company driving innovation across the global firm.
Experienced Professional (EP) Recruiting represents a growing share of McKinsey's overall recruitment portfolio, and includes all non-campus hires across all levels and tenures of the Firm. As the EP team serves a wide variety of internal clients, there will be the opportunity to explore the growing and changing firm in this role.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will play a meaningful role in leading all aspects of Experienced Professional recruiting for New Ventures, from handling client needs to talent mapping and direct sourcing, as well as overseeing applicants and referrals for various offices and practices across North America.
As the New Ventures EP recruiting team continues to grow and evolve, you will be responsible for understanding talent needs within a practice or Solutions business, and executing targeted EP recruiting strategies to help these businesses grow. You'll also be responsible for planning, coordinating and driving hiring activities such as developing sourcing strategies using direct sourcing, online postings, referrals and other creative search methods, for identifying, attracting and developing candidate interest in McKinsey, and for screening and evaluating candidates using McKinsey's proprietary assessment methodologies.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading candidates and assessors through the interview process ensuring efficiency in scheduling, providing appropriate interview preparation, and sharing timely feedback, for managing candidate cultivation and integration into the firm, and for developing and maintaining relationships with leadership across the firm, candidates, and recruiting colleagues, being highly responsive to all inquiries. You'll handle recruiting analysis and ensure all recruiting and candidate knowledge is tracked, updated and maintained in firm CRM systems, and you'll collaborate closely with our internal research team to provide guidance on research strategies, analyze talent landscapes, and keep abreast of ground-breaking talent research methodologies.
Back to top